The Coshocton Community Choir was organized in the fall of 1971 by Director Charles R. Snyder. Coshocton has had a long history of music making, and as early as 1905 community-wide choral groups, largely recruited from area church choirs, were assembled and rehearsed to prepare performances of large works. The first choir consisted of 35 singers, and by the 1984-85 season, the choir had grown to its current level of 100 singers. Learn more here.
Since its founding, more than seven hundred singers have sung with the Choir, which has become known for its renditions of sacred a cappella literature. The singers come from all backgrounds, vocations and walks of life – literally from every segment of the community. Their zeal and enthusiasm on behalf of the Choir attest to the fine results which can be generated when a group of people come together for a common cause – in this case, choral music. Learn more here.
The Coshocton Children’s Choir was organized in 1987-1988 as a project of the Coshocton Community Choir. Since the choir’s debut at the 1988 spring concerts, they have also participated in other Community Choir concerts and helped host the local visits of The American Boychoir. Today, the choir has grown from 33 singers in the original ensemble to approximately 60 youngsters in recent choirs in grades four through eight. Learn more here.
The Coshocton Youth Chorale was established in 2002-2003 as a project of the Coshocton Community Choir. Since the Chorale’s debut at the 2003 spring concerts, they have sung as a part of each Community Choir concert and at various community events during the year. Singers, selected by audition, come from various high schools in the area. Learn more here.