The Coshocton Community Choir was organized in the fall of 1971 by its present conductor, Charles R. Snyder. Coshocton has had a long history of music making, and as early as 1905 community-wide choral groups, largely recruited from area church choirs, were assembled and rehearsed to prepare performances of large works.
The first choir consisted of 35 singers, and by the 1984-85 season, the choir had grown to its current level of 100 singers.
The Coshocton Children’s Choir was organized in 1987-1988 as a project of the Coshocton Community Choir. Since the choir’s debut at the 1988 spring concerts, they have also participated in other Community Choir concerts and helped host the local visits of The American Boychoir. Now in its 25th season, the choir has grown from 33 singers in the original ensemble to approximately 60 youngsters in recent choirs in grades four through eight.
Now in its 10th season, the Coshocton Youth Chorale was established in 2002-2003 as a project of the Coshocton Community Choir.
Since the Chorale’s debut at the 2003 spring concerts, they have sung as a part of each Community Choir concert and at various community events during the year. Singers, selected by audition, come from various high schools in the area.
Alongside Snyder, Dickie Rohrer Barrick has been the Principal Accompanist for the Coshocton Community Choir since 1983.